Tuesday 17 December 2013

A necklace - dear to me!

Last summer, I learnt to make coasters out of plastic beads and crystals from my nieces visiting India. They learnt this craft in Chennai during their vacation and I picked it up from them. I took a lot of help from my mother who learnt alongside them.  If you look closely at the picture below you will see what I am talking about.  A technique meant for coaster making I converted to a necklace!  I am sure the pendant attached is beautiful by itself and would look good with a string or a silver chain.... but this necklace does the magic!




It was indeed a lot of trouble for me from finding a pendant to hunting a clasp with four holes to thread the silver beads.  I succeeded finally.  The silver beads are about 6mm big.  It looks like pearls... doesn't it? The oxidized pendant with pearl drops fixed to a necklace of silver beads worked really well.  I have worn this many times and have received many a compliment.  You can scout the whole market.... there isn't another piece!!!  I take great pride this is what is 'one of a kind'.  

Here is a close look at the pendant

This is pendant with Lord Krishna in it.  It has tiny green emeralds that accentuates the beauty.   I team this up with one of many pearl jhumkas and I know... it simply is stunning!

I would finish the look with a pair of pearl bangles or four of my plain silver ones and not to forget a pair of pretty pearl toe rings.

4 comments:

  1. Simply magic you not only showcase your creativity but you sure know how to help accentuate a woman's hidden classic beauty. Your expression is simply divine. Love your work your art of expressing your fetish for beauty passion dreams and offering a rare and unique opportunity to all of us in savouring these pictures. ... good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Manjula... you are so generous with your compliments!

    ReplyDelete