Thursday 12 December 2013

Deepika Padukone's Ramleela inspired earrings!

I watched Ram Leela and I loved Deepika Padukone in it.  She is so pretty! You can't not notice Ranveer in that movie.... He is hot! Long before the movie was released the earrings that Deepika wore in the promos caught my eye.  Well I decided I would make a similar pair for myself  and watch the movie wearing it and so I did!  You must think I am crazy.... but if you listen to stories from my mum about how i would be up all night to embroider a dress that I stitched myself and wore the next day to college..you won't be surprised!

Here is a picture of the gorgeous Deepika padukone
                                                                          The earring inspired by Deepika Padukone


Well it isn't identical but similar. The earrings are very heavy and I use what we call a 'maati' (worn around the ear) to bear the weight. Here is a closer look....

The motif is that of Goddess Lakshmi with aquamarine stones


You can see no stones in the one worn in the movie... I just changed it a bit and added white polki and aquamarine stones.  This pair is stunning!  All credit to the master craftsman who converts each of my sketches to masterpieces. Team a plain sari with an embroidered blouse and you are ready to go.

From drawing board to work table....


        

2 comments: