Wednesday 1 January 2014

A mix of mediums - silver and copper!

Happy New Year!

This is my first post for 2014 ..... this one's about being able to combine different metals with silver while making different pieces of jewellery.  And Voila!

This is a bracelet with a ram head.

I just love the way this bracelet or kadha  looks.... conceptualised to finished in a week!!! I am so proud of it!  I was gifted two dozen thin copper bangles and i wasn't going to wear it just like that!  I raked my brains for a few days and came up with this and how beautiful it is! I did not get the final copper polish done after the soldering so some of the bangles look  like silver ... the copper turned white while soldering.

This is a pretty pair of kadhas I got made in Kolkata with copper and silver... this is a more available and common  yet beautiful design with elephant heads.  















You will now get to see the ideas  I borrowed from the above two and came up with.  This is a sure winner for those who don't like too traditional jewellery.


Flat copper bangles with geometric shapes in silver!

                             A look into the entire dozen with differently sized geometric shapes.

Although I wanted a hammered look on the silver part.... my karigar forgot that, I quite like it so retained it that way.  So I try and get a new set to get the hammered look and my silversmith came up with this.....

He beat up the copper and beat up the silver! 

I still don't plan to change this as it is different neither of us has seen it before! I am sure now more and more of you will experiment with this kinda look.  Enjoy!



              


3 comments:

  1. You are one creative and gorgeous lady :)
    I lovee the kadhas..so pretty.
    Thanks for leaving your comment which led me to your blog...I have had a ball drooling over your designs esp the jhumkas..
    love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a ton for the compliment! I love hoarding jhumkas.... i will put pics soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful noas, can you tell me where in kolkata can I get one

    ReplyDelete