Thursday 2 January 2014

Silver with Iron Jewellery! How does that sound?

The last post was a mix of silver and copper.... There are bangles made with just silver and iron and some which have copper too. Women from Kolkata will be familiar with this.  I picked my first few loha bangles as they call it from Kolkata and later got a few made from different places down south.  Here is my favourite! A classic kadha with silver, copper and iron.

A simple twisted loha bangle 
                                                                                           


             
Braided silver and iron bangles with a geometric head, a change from the usual.

The braided silver and iron bangles are sometimes made along with copper and these look just as great! Here's what it would look like with copper included.


Braided kadha with silver, copper and iron.

I got a classy pair of loha bangles made with a spherical head and a pair with the elephant head which has a simpler design but far more trendy. This is what is looks like... 


          

I really like the what these metals do to silver... make it subdued and you don't have to get it oxidised or polished in antique, dull finish.  Iron and copper do it for you! I have more than a dozen of these and each time i wear it, I am tempted to get another made as if this isn't enough.



        All four together!

I am sure each of you reading this is wondering when  you have to make a trip to Kolkata to get a pair of the loha bangles.  I am such a silver person but I could not stop myself from buying the gold ones too.... will post a few pictures of those too sometime soon.  Thanks for reading!


15 comments:

  1. I am still wating for ur reply

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anitha... are you on facebook? You can see my collection on silvershloka facebook page. send me a friend request and we can take it from there.

      Delete
  2. Hi can you please indicate the price of these?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi... I love your collection. These iron and silver bangles look great. Is it possible for you to tell me the exact shop in Kolkata from where you got these iron bangles ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to buy your collection please

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like to order a Khara. Pls share the link with price

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to buy iron, copper and silver noya. And I couldn't find your Facebook page. So please waiting for your help

    ReplyDelete